This post contains affiliate links. To learn more, please read my disclosure policy.
Okay, I am someone who you might call “completely inept” at using a curling iron. Are you with me?
Have you tried the original clamp irons, the curling wands that come with one mysterious glove, and even those crazy auto curlers that suck your hair into a tiny mystical “curl chamber” and cause you to scream in pain if you mess up…only to have failed miserably. Well, continue reading to learn ore about the Beachwaver Pro, the dummy proof way to curl your hair.
The Beachwaver Pro
So what is so special about the Beachwaver Pro and what sets it apart from its’ competitors?!
- It rotates in both directions and the rotation is automatic – you just press “Go” and it does the work for you!
- The clamp was designed to ensure your hair is kink free.
- Heat up time is ultra fast – I’m talking 30 seconds to get up to curling temp (310-450 degrees)
- The barrel is gold infused ceramic tourmaline, so the heat will evenly distribute throughout your curls!
- Auto shut-off (if you forget to turn it off, don’t panic!…)
- The Pro version works for long and thick hair (like mine) and will give you classic beach waves in under 20 minutes.
S Series vs Pro Line
Within the S Series, there are a few different barrel sizes (0.75, 1, and 1.25) – the smaller the barrel size, the tighter the curl.
The Pro line has only two barrel sizes (1 and 1.25) – keep in mind that the Pro is for those of us with longer locks, so the larger barrel sizes are usually necessary!
Using the Beachwaver Pro
First off, the instructions inside the box are super easy to follow. One thing that I would recommend is to get some crocodile type hair clips to help with sectioning out your hair. These hair clips are the ones I got off of Amazon for $6.
Now, I want to show you just how easy it is to use the Beachwaver Pro…even for those who are completely inept at curling their hair like me!
1. Clip your hair into different sections. I need to use about 4-5 clips due to the thickness and length of my hair.
Recommendation: Use a heat protectant spray prior to curling (or straightening) your hair. The high temperatures can damage your hair. I use Atmos-Shield by Orlando Pita Play and absolutely love it!
2. Choose to start curling either on your Left or Right side and press the associated button on the curling iron. You will also want to choose a heat setting. I opt for 410 degrees, as my hair is pretty thick.
(The Left/Right feature is actually one of my favorite things about this curling iron! No worrying about curling in the opposite direction, as this tool will do it for you! Woot woot!)
3. Take an approximately a 1” piece of hair and insert this section into the clamp.
4. Click the “Go” button until the entire piece of hair is wrapped around the iron.
5. Release after a few seconds to reveal a beautiful wave/curl!
6. Repeat until all sections of hair on that side are wavy/curled.
7. Start curling the other side by selecting the appropriate button (Left or Right) and repeat the same process until all of your hair is curled!
8. Enjoy some beautiful, luscious curls!
I like my curls brushed out a little bit (as seen below) but I know some people prefer to leave as is and set with some hairspray.
The first time I used the Beachwaver, it took me about 25 minutes to curl my hair. I ran downstairs to tell my husband because I was just that excited that I actually curled my own hair. Me!! The girl who couldn’t curl her hair to save her life! And in under half an hour, at that!
So I am not going to lie to you – this curling iron isn’t cheap. It is $199 for the Beachwaver Pro and the Beachwaver S Series is $125. When I purchased the curling iron, Ulta had a Black Friday deal for $129…plus I was able to use Rakuten to cash back.
**You can usually score between 6-15% cash back at Ulta with Rakuten, so I highly recommend it for all online shopping since my all time cash back with them is currently $412.96 at time of this post.
While the Beachwaver Pro is incredibly expensive, to me it is a worthy buy because I will never need to try another curling iron again. I feel like I had spent more money over the years trying to find one that actually works so to me, the investment was worth it.
For well over 10 years, I have struggled to curl my hair and this beauty tool allows me to create effortless curls in no time! Two years later and I still love it. And if you try it and don’t like it, Ulta has an amazing return policy!
You can purchase the Beachwaver Pro and Beachwaver S1 here: